|Rate of fire||10 shots/sec|
|Max dps||390 dam/sec|
The Assault Rifle C-01r is placed in slot/Key number 2.
The Assault Rifle C-01r is the Assault Rifle the player is first given weapon in the campaign, with the Pistol C-01p and the Shotgun C-01s. This is rarely carried by the Civil Security, and is almost always held by Civil Bosses. There is a red version of the Assault Rifle C-01r, exclusive to the map editor. It replaces the color blue with red, such as the color of the bullet it shoots. It costs $1300 credits to buy the gun in the Equipment Shop, and costs $200 to upgrade per level.This is a rapid fire weapon, but a weak one. It cannot ricochet off walls unlike other guns upgraded in level 3.
It has the fastest firing rate of any gun, even rivaling the fire rate of the minigun. It has medium accuracy, but only if fired in short-medium bursts. When upgraded to level 3 this weapon has very high accuracy and it's shots will never stray off even when fired continuously. It is the one of the cheapest weapons to upgrade in the entire game. If you want ths Assault Rifle C-01r to be more accurate, upgrade it to level 2 or 3. It can be used to defeat hordes of high health enemies and can hold back a group of security bosses at bay.
- The Assault Rifle C-01r has a faster fire rate than the Assault Rifle CS-RC, its Civil Security counterpart.
- The map editor weapons ID for the Assault Rifle C-01r is: gun_rifle.
- The red version's map editor weapons ID is: gun_rifle_b.
- This is the default weapon in the Map Editor.
- This is the Marine's signature weapon, along with the Pistol C-01p, and the Shotgun C-01s.
- In Multiplayer Saws it is commonly used to see invisible walls by shooting at where you think the wall is. The shots stop if there a invisible wall.
- The rifle is the picture in the loading screen in PB:FTP.
- The "r"at the end of its name likely stands for rifle.
- It is also used by the Falkoks. (Can be found in Level 40)