|Assault Rifle C-01r|
The Assault Rifle C-01r is one of the Marine's first weapons, first used in Plazma Burst: Forward to the Past. It is one of the few guns to have survived the first game, reappearing Plazma Burst 2. This assault rifle is one of 3 other assault rifles in Plazma Burst 2, the others being the Alien Rifle, and the Assault Rifle CS-RC. In Forward to the Past, it was an incredibly common weapon among the human soldiers and Falkoks and can be acquired on Level 2 of PB:FttP, being used by the first soldier spotted, and in PB2, the Marine has it as a default starting weapon, along with the Pistol C-01p and Shotgun C-01s.
The Assault Rifle C-01r features a cosmetic laser sight on its front side, underneath the barrel. Unlike that of the Sniper Rifle CS-YipeeKiYay, this sight is only ornamental, and it does not have any tactical use. This weapon has an oval-shaped front that arches forward to the barrel. There is also a smaller section similar in shape on the lower side of the gun. The Assault Rifle C-01r shrinks in height toward the back end. The stock and receiver area form a rectangle that is notably different in size from the rest of the weapon; the stock is a small white bar with a larger end, and the trigger and trigger guard are realistic in appearance. There is a small x on the grip.
Although this weapon does not have an incredibly high damage or accuracy, it does have an incredibly high fire rate, and can be upgraded to improve its shortcomings. Visit weapon statistics for a more in depth look at this gun.
The Assault Rifle C-01r is the default rifle for the Marine, meaning this is a starting gun. It is not a very common gun, and it can only be seen in Level 40 of the campaign being used by Civil Security Bosses. Only the Marine regularly carries this weapon in the Campaign. It can be purchased from the shop for $1300 credits and upgraded for $200 credits. The full upgrade price is $1900 credits, making it the cheapest overall rifle.
- The Assault Rifle C-01r has a faster fire rate than the Assault Rifle CS-RC, its Civil Security counterpart.
- The map editor weapons ID for the Assault Rifle C-01r is: gun_rifle and gun_rifle_b for the red version.
- This is the default weapon in the Map Editor when making a gun.
- This is the Marine's signature weapon, along with the Pistol C-01p, and the Shotgun C-01s.
- In Multiplayer Saws, it is commonly used to see invisible walls by shooting at where you think the wall is. The shots stop if there is an invisible wall.
- The rifle is the picture in the loading screen in PB:FTP.
- The "r"at the end of its name likely stands for rifle.
- It is also used by the Falkoks in Plazma Burst: Forward to the Past (an example for this is level 16) and Plazma Burst 2, which can be found in Level 40.