The Elite Grub, also called Armored Cyber Grub in Plazma Burst 2, is a character model in Plazma Burst 2 and an enemy in Plazma Burst: Forward to the Past. The elite grub is a more advanced version of the Grub, being more heavily armored and weilding more powerful weaponry. It first appears in Level 5. In the first game, they only have Arm Cannons, which have multiple variants. The elite grub is not featured in Plazma Burst 2's campaign.
These Grubs are completely silver and gray other than some spots of blue along with their red visor. They have a silver mouth guard with some slots for speaking although what they actually say is unknown. They have a similar backpack, like the original grub, but it has blue lights instead of red and no antenna. They seem to be more robotic than their lesser counterparts.
In early parts of the game, they use a single projectile firing weapon much like the Grub although the Elite Grub fires it in quicker succession. Later on, these same Elite Grubs start getting armed with the Ray Rifle type arm cannon.
There is a second type of Elite Grub. The blue parts of its armor are red, and their visor changes to yellow. Their health increases and their Arm Cannons also change to the Rocket Launcher type. Later, they are replaced with the same Ray Rifle type used by the blue/red Elite Grubs, which ironically makes them easier than their rocket-toting predecessors.
They are known to battle against Human Soldiers very frequently, though oddly, in certain levels, they will completely ignore the Guards, instead focusing solely on the Marine. The reason for this is unknown.
- Elite Grubs seem to be meant for fighting, unlike their weaker counterparts.
- These skins did not exist originally, but eventually, they were added as playable skins for multiplayer recently in the version 1.28, with both variants (Blue pieces, red eyes and red pieces, yellow eyes) available for use.
- Just like normal Grubs, they will attack Human Soldiers upon sight in most situations. Oddly, they seem to team up with them in a few levels, though this tends to flip flop. The reason for this is unknown.
- Since one of their Arm Cannon weapons is the Ray Rifle, it is possible that the Grubs are related to, or possibly the primary members of the mysterious TCoRR faction.
- In the 1.7 version of Plazma Burst: Forward to the Past, the red/yellow Elite Grubs have bright red eyes instead of yellow ones.
- In Plazma Burst: Forward to the Past, the lights on their bodies would originally blink on and off sporadically. This detail was removed from Plazma Burst 2.