Level 2 is a campaign level in Plazma Burst 2 where the Marine clears a building infested with Usurpations. This level also includes new items. Among these there are new enemies and guns, including the Advanced Usurpation Soldiers and the Alien Shotgun.
Level 2 begins with the Marine charging into a Usurpation base. The first two enemies are Minor Usurpation Soldiers with Alien Pistols, but the next enemies all have Alien Rifles. The Marine ventures further into the base and finds a series of blocks inhabited by more alien enemies, including the Advanced Usurpation Soldier. There is also an elevator door that is not activated from the start, but needs to be in order to allow the player to proceed to the lower area of the level.
The player must head down to the left and activate the first switch. The activation causes a Usurpation Soldier to teleport in behind the Marine, and the elevator begins going down. After going down the elevator, the player must walljump for the first time. After walljump (or grenade-jump), the Marine must kill the enemies that he finds. There is a pool of water with a platform in the middle. However, the Marine cannot cross the water on the platform because of the laser that kills him if he walk past it so Marine must swim under the water. There is one final enemy at the end of all of this that the Marine quickly kills and then arrives at the level end point.
- Minor/Major Usurpation Soldier - These soldiers come equipped with the Alien Rifle and Alien Pistol. There are 15 in this level.
- Advanced Usurpation Soldier - More heavily armored enemies, they are seen with Alien Shotguns and there are 3 of them.
- All available shortcuts will kill the player upon using them on some old versions of the game. It's unclear whether that's a feature or a glitch.
- There is a secret area, enclosed at the top of the map that the player cannot access with two Usurpation Soldiers. This area provides the template enemies to be spawned as clones in various parts of the level. You can use "zoom 25" to see it.
- The size of this map is 14861 bytes.
- Doors and lasers make their first appearance in this level.