Level 8 is a level in the Plazma Burst 2 Campaign. Following level 7, the Marine leaves off where he finished after falling from level 7, inside an Androids' base. On this level, the player will encounter a sizeable group of Androids. The level has many jump pads and is actually a gauntlet built over and suspended above these levitators.
The level begins with the Marine having fallen from the shaft in Level 7 into another series of rooms. He is initially unnoticed by the enemies across from him, but after hearing one shot, a group of Android T-01187s engages the Marine. These enemies are armed with Alien Shotguns without upgrades and don't have much health; the Marine can easily eliminate these enemies.
The Marine crosses a series of levitator paths and comes into contact with the more powerful Android SLC-56s. There are 4 of these enemies, all carrying Heavy Railguns. These hostiles can kill the player in one shot to the head if he/she is using the Lite Battlesuit. The player either eliminates these enemies or seeks cover in the lower section of the map. There is a button in this lower section that activates a door which allows the player to proceed into the level finish area.
After activating the hard to reach button, the Marine goes through the now-open door and up another levitator. After going up, he finds three more Androids and eliminates them. The Marine then walks down the shaft and exits the level.
- Android T-01187 - These enemies mainly wield Alien Shotguns. There are 2 at near the end that wield Rocket Launchers. These enemies are very weak, as they have very little armor and can be killed rather easily. There are 13 Android T-01187s in this level.
- Android SLC-56 - These enemies are fewer in number, but carry the Heavy Railgun v04 CS-OneSOneK and have more health and mobility. There are 4 Android SLC-56s in this level.
- This is the second level that contains Androids.
- This is the only level in the game that contains Android T-01187s.
- There is a hidden Plasmagun along with some grenades above the first jump pads.