The Plasma Cannon is a powerful, compact, multi-shot weapon from Plazma Burst: Forward to the Past. The weapon is a medium-sized, hand-held, large pistol-like gun that is fired with both hands on the trigger. The Plasma Cannon fires multiple rays of white plasma and can kill most enemies in one hit, especially when the projectiles strike the head. The weapon has a small slide on the top of the weapon, which will slide back while reloading, and then slide back again to show that it is reloaded. It is rarely carried by enemies, except for the Phoenix Falkoks on the last level, and Human Soldiers on Level 8. The Human Soldiers carry weaker, unupgraded Plasma Cannons.
- It has different sounds compared to the Ray Gun.
- Both the Plasma Gun and Ray Gun are the most expensive weapons, when fully upgraded, in their respective installments.
- Both the Ray Gun and this weapon reload automatically even when swapping to another weapon.
- In Plazma Burst 2, Ray Gun has an alias ID gun_plasmacannon. This means the Ray Gun is, indeed, intended to be the successor to the weapon, especially considering this and a Rocket Launcher CS-LitBro can be found in the Marine's Falkonian Ship in Level 6.
- Out of all the weapons that can be upgraded in Plazma Burst: Forward to the Past, this is the only one that does not have any physical changes for each upgrade level.