- New abilities: Kinetic Module, and Time Warp.
- New weapons, and can choose from over 15 weapons with different strengths and weaknesses.
- New enemies, The Civil Security and the Usurpation Race .
- You now can customize your character, as well as change from Lite to Heavy Battlesuit mode in the Equipment Shop.
- PSI Blades replace the Electroshock, close-range weapon.
- A more advanced physics engine.
- More options to customize performance before or during in-game.
- You can now make your own levels using the Map Editor.
- Now features 42 levels to fight, kill, and rip your way out to find the Time Machine.
- Multiplayer. (Currently in Beta.) Features Deathmatch, Cooperative, and Team Deathmatch.
- 23 achievements that range from doing simple tasks like a wall jump to mirroring 20 projectiles.
- More vehicles, the Drone, Corvette, and Hound Walker.
CharactersEditMarine - The returning hero of the series. He is a very silent character, only talking to Noir Lime and Proxy in the later levels. He uses a variety of weapons, ranging from human-made to alien made high-tech weapons. He also can use Civil Security's armored Hound walkers in some levels.
Proxy - The only female in the series. She is a criminal, and allies the Marine and later Noir Lime near the end of the campaign. She goes with the group, helping her fellow teammates fight for a better life.
Civil Security - One of the main enemy factions in Plazma Burst 2. They are human soldiers who fight the Usurpians, the Marine and his allies during the campaign. They are always found in a squad, guarding the nearby area. They have 4 ranks, dubbed the Lite, Heavy, Ghost, and Boss classes.
Usurpations - The new alien race in the series. They are a high-tech race, that fights the Civil Security as well as the Marine on many occasions, intent on taking over Earth. They were discovered by accident when humans first invented teleportation by an experiment. They use the Alien Rifle, Alien Pistol, and the Alien Shotgun, as well as other weaponry.
Androids - The robotic faction of the series. They are a semi-sentient race, that are enemies of the Civil Security, and the Marine himself. They use Rocket Launchers, Railguns, and Alien Shotguns against their opponents. It is unknown where they have originated from.
- This is the second installment of the Plazma Burst series.
- The Falkoks make an appearance in multiplayer and map editor as a skin/character. They can also be found on level 40.
- Some of the weapons, like the Assault Rifle C-01r, have a different firing sound.
- Instead of cut-scenes, you can now make in-game texts.
- This takes place on Earth, instead of another planet.
- Since the new update 1.20, you can play Plazma Burst 2 on easy, normal, hard and impossible mode.
- Eric Gurt stated on Deviantart that storyline wasn't the main focus of PB2.