The Ray Rifle TCoRR is an automatic ray type rifle . And can not be obtained by any character in PB2. An arm cannon version was used by the Elite Grub, encountered in Plazma Burst: Forward to the Past. The Ray Rifle is a compact, fully automatic, single-shot variant of the Ray Gun C-01y. The stopping power of this gun is very high, and its bullets deal an average amount of damage, greater than the other assault rifles, while it has great accuracy and a high fire rate. While not specifically categorized as an assault rifle, it effectively is an assault rifle in appearance and performance.
The rifle has an identical fire rate to the Assault Rifle C-01r and the Minigun C-02m, and the damage and accuracy of its projectiles are roughly equal to that of the Alien Rifle. The ray rifle has no recoil climb, indicating the accuracy of the rifle won't decline after multiple shots. It maintains a standard penetration power of three blocks.
The Ray Rifle has not been found in the Campaign, and it is speculated that the game developer has not yet added it to the campaign, but there is also the possibility that it may be hidden in a certain level(s). It is the only weapon (excluding the test weapons, M4A1 and Glock, which were never intended for actual gameplay) that cannot be found in the campaign. The arm cannon variant can be seen in levels 5, 6, and 7 of the Plazma Burst: Forward to the Past campaign. It can never be used by the player.
- The Map Editor ID for the Ray Rifle is gun_rayrifle.
- The shape of this weapon is similar to the Plasma Cannon of PB:FttP.
- This weapon was released on July 10, 2013, as part of Version 1.20.
- Its fire rate rivals even that of the Minigun C-02m and the Assault Rifle C-01r.
- At normal speed, the Ray Rifle-TCoRR can fire about 10 shots per second or 600 rpm, compared with the Assault Rifle CS-RC that fires around 480 rpm. This is a very fast weapon.
- The accuracy of this gun at far range has the efficiency of a Plasmagun CS-Bloom.
- The Plazma Burst 2 Ray Rifle is distinct from the arm-cannon version seen in Forward to the Past. They are by no means the same weapon.
- The rifle's magazine curves in towards the trigger guard, an unusual design among firearms.
- TCoRR does mean something, yet its meaning will be shown in a later game (possibly 2.5), according to Eric Gurt. (proof?)
- The Ray Rifle is made by a faction of aliens on Mars. They could have also made the Plasma Cannon.