Team Deathmatch, commonly shortened as TDM, is a multiplayer game type that involves two teams, red and blue in a deathmatch setting. The objective is to kill the opponents from the other team. For each opponent killed, the other team will rack on another number to their score, seen in the top right of the game screen. There are respawns in Team Deathmatch, and the respawn system is very similar to that of Deathmatch mode, with a few additional algorithms. (For instance, in TDM, a player is likely to respawn next to another teammate to keep the game balanced.)
Team Deathmatch is one of the three game types that is established for the Plazma Burst 2 multiplayer, along with Deathmatch and Cooperative. It is the only type of multiplayer game that is exclussively Red vs Blue, and implements many red vs blue features by default. In Team Deathmatch, players are allowed to switch teams in order to curb any balancing issues that may arise from too many players of a given team leaving. This feature is often misused, however, and can create extremely unbalanced teams. Teammates in TDM are interactive with each other; they can run into one another and hoist themselves on top of each other, but a player cannot shoot his or her teammate, with the exception of explosive weapons, such as the CS-BNG and Rocket Launcher CS-LitBro.
- Eliminate any and all players of the opposing team.
- Defend your teammates and help them out. This will reduce the kill count of the other team.
- Teammates can be attacked with explosives, although they cannot directly hit the teammate, the splash damage can hurt them. If you kill a teammate 3 times, you will be kicked from the match. Avoid killing your teammates at all costs.
- Team changing is allowed, but changing from one team to another costs your life. If you're already killed, however, you can change your teams for free before the respawn.
- Every possible death of a member gives a point to the opposite team. This includes falling deaths and suicide.
- You can change your team using -red and -blue commands.
- Think twice before shooting with a BNG in random direction, this may result in a killed teammate.