Along with characters, weapons are some of the most important items in the two Plazma Burst games. Plazma Burst: Forward to the Past and Plazma Burst 2 are shaped around the use of different weapons in different combat scenarios. Every weapon is unique and has its advantages and weaknesses.
This is a list of all the weapons from the Plazma Burst series. Some of the weapons don't vary from PB:FttP to PB2 and some do. There are many different types ranging from your basic assault rifle all the way to a fast firing plasmagun. Many weapons have long cool down times that need to be waited out before they can be fired again, while others will continue to spray bullets in a rapid succession if the mouse is held down.
This page contains only a basic description of all the weapons, but for a much more in depth and comprehensive weapon information visit the weapon statistics page. It should also be noted that all weapons in Plazma Burst 2, with the exception of the Alien Pistol, Ray Rifle TCoRR, and Sniper Rifle CS-YippeeKiYay, were present in their current form upon the game's release.
- Electro-Shock - A taser like device that electrocutes enemies on contact. Has a very low damage but a high damage per second. Found in Plazma Burst: Fttp.
- PSI Blades - Energy based blades that can cause great amounts of damage and have the ability to deflect bullets. These replace the electro shock in PB: Fttp.
- Pistol CS-Pro - A realistic pistol with decent damage, fire rate, and penetration. Excellent accuracy. Used by the Civil Security in PB2.
- Pistol C-01p - The pistol the Marine started with. It is a good pistol and is found in both games, however it looks a little different in PB2.
- Alien Pistol - A pistol that is a bit like a railgun and has a fast rate of fire. The weapon shoots railgun shots since Version 1.17 but these shots will not bounce. Unfortunately, it has very low damage and no penetration. Used by Usurpations in PB2.
- Assault Rifle CS-RC - Used by the Civil Security on some levels in the Plazma Burst 2 campaign and is a rapid-fire assault rifle. Very well-rounded stats, with decent accuracy and penetration, great damage, and a good rate of fire.
- Assault Rifle C-01r - One of the main weapons of the Marine. It is from both games, however it sounds different in PB2 and looks like the fully upgraded Assault Rifle from PB:FttP. It has mediocre piercing power, excellent to bad accuracy (depends on upgrade), and an amazing rate of fire. It is also used by Falkoks (in both games) and CS Bosses on level 40. A weaker version is used by Human Soldiers in PB:Fttp.
- Alien Rifle - A special rifle with extremely high accuracy and penetration, a very low rate of fire, and incredibly high damage for a rifle weapon. Used by Usurpations in PB2 as their main weapon.
- Minigun C-02m - Noir Lime's signature weapon. A large gatling gun-type weapon with a very high rate of fire (comparable to C-01r), very high damage, and good penetration. Unfortunately, it has the worst accuracy of any rifle.
- SMG - The older version of Noir Lime's weapon, it was somehow upgraded or found by Noir Lime between PB:FttP and PB2.
- Shotgun CS-DAZ - A powerful pump action shotgun that fires 4 pellets in one shot. Low accuracy, decent penetration, and good rate of fire.
- Shotgun C-01s - A compact shotgun used by the Marine that fires 3 projectiles per shot, with good penetration. Less powerful than the CS-DAZ, but has higher accuracy allowing for more kills at long range. It is used by Human Soldiers in PB:FttP.
- Alien Shotgun - Rapid firing alien weapon with a high accuracy and very low spread. The rate of fire is identical to that of the Alien Rifle, and it shoots two moderately-high damaging projectiles per shot. It is more like a hybrid between Alien Rifle and a shotgun. It is the most advanced weapon of the Usurpation Forces, only used by Advanced Usurpations.
- Lite Railgun v01 CS-HShot - A slow firing beam weapon that fires in a straight trajectory and has the ability to reflect off walls in multiplayer Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch. It can fire through multiple enemies. Excellent accuracy and moderately show rate of fire. It is found being used by both Usurpations and Civil Security toops in PB2.
- Heavy Railgun v04 CS-OneSOneK - Much more powerful than its light counter part, it can fire through multiple enemies as well. Very slow reload but very high damage. Accuracy is less than that of the Lite Railgun. Like the Lite Railgun, it can reflect off walls only in multiplayer DM/TDM modes. It is a heavy weapon of the Civil Security and Usurpations in PB2, however it is used by all ranks.
- CS-BNG - The most powerful explosive handheld weapon in PB2. It fires a big lime green bullet which damage anything in its way and explodes on impact. Slow reload.
- Plasmagun CS-Bloom - Rapid firing plasma based weapon that shoots small spherical projectiles that deal heavy explosive damage and high knockback. Found only in PB2 and is also the only slot 8 gun in the game.
- Plasma Cannon - Plasma based weapon that was the precursor to the Ray Gun, available in PB:FttP. It fires raygun bullets. It is a much smaller but just as powerful pistol version of the raygun.
- Ray Gun C-01y - Plasma based weapon that fires multiple bolts at once with great penetrating power. It could also be called an energy shotgun to some people. High accuracy and a slow reload. Massive damage.
- Ray Rifle TCoRR - This weapon shoots rays (single ray-gun type projectiles) with automatic fire. This gun could also be classed as an automatic, because it's essentially an energy-based assault rifle. It has high accuracy, fire rate, damage, and penetration. It is unknown who made this gun, but it works well with any factions.
- Grenade C-00n - Basic grenades, explode after roughly 3 seconds.
- Rocket Launcher CS-LitBro - A explosive weapon that fires rockets at a good fire rate, it can knock down enemies easily.
- Grenade Launcher CS-SpamThemBaby - A non-equippable weapon in campaign but in multiplayer, you can equip this. It fires grenades at a much faster fire rate but less damage.
- Rocket Launcher (Plazma Burst 1) - A much smaller pistol like gun from the first game, it can deflect off of walls and does good damage.
- Vehminigl - A grenade launcher built for vehicles, usually for a Drone.
- Vehgun - A rapid-fire burst rocket launcher-type gun that is used primarily by Corvettes.
- Vehminigun - A fairly-accurate machine gun that is attached to vehicles like the Mobile rO81-CS or Drone.
- Vehcannon - A cannon that fires a projectile similar to the CS-BNG, but less powerful and at a higher rate of fire, mainly used by the Hound Walker-CS.
Other PB2 weaponsEdit
- Drone Gun CS-Virus - It shoots out 3 drone-like bugs which attacks enemies in range by homing in towards them. Drones can be destroyed by PSI blades.
- Sniper Rifle CS-YippeeKiYay - A ballistic sniper rifle after the version 1.17 was installed in the game. Features a LED designator to indicate enemy presence and a targeting laser. Does not reload when holstered, and has a slow reload.
- Defibrillator - Used to bring back dead allies and to heal yourself. It can also used in combat where you can make an enemy start dying.
- Teleport Grenade v03 CS-PortNade - A high tech device that when thrown will teleport the thrower where the grenade would normally detonate.
- Portable Shield v07 CS-Quarium - Another device that emits a circular shield roughly after two or three seconds, and can deflect railgun shots in some occasions. It will be destroyed over time or if the shield has received too much damage. Another type uses slot 7 and only works once.
PB2 Test weaponsEdit
- M4A1 - Experimental assault rifle-type weapon, fires invisible bullets at an incredible rate of fire. The M4A1 has a reload mechanism, and, unlike the non-test weapons, the weapon has to change magazines every 16 or so rounds. It also has a powerful kick that greatly effects the player's stability, and is often used for gliding. This weapon cannot be used in the newer level editor, nor is it permitted for approved maps. Found in slot 2, like the other rifles.
- Glock - Experimental pistol weapon, also fires invisible bullets and needs to be reloaded every ten or so rounds. Like the M4A1, the Glock cannot be recreated in the new editor and is not suitable for approved maps.
- Plazma Burst 2 has more guns than Plazma Burst: Forward to the Past.
- Plazma Burst 2 is the first game in the series to add more weapons via updates.
- Only three weapons, the Pistol C-01p, Assault Rifle C-01r, and Shotgun C-01s have gone virtually unchanged since the first installment.
- In multiplayer, plasma-based and explosive weapons such as CS-BNG rarely show their unique kill message. However, gun modification triggers can solve this by changing projectile type to just a normal bullet or railgun-like energy.
- Normally, vehicle weapons can't be used outside of the vehicle (you have to control it in order to use these guns). However, the August 26, 2014 update introduced new gun modification triggers to the Level Editor, which can make vehicle weapons hand-held.